Local tack store apparel buyers show off their good taste
and the results reflect great options in various price ranges.
Sara Franqui of San Diego Saddlery, Inc. in El Cajon
Our model Lauren shines in the fun bright colors of this western show ensemble. The rail shirt is made of a stretchy material making it very comfortable, while the crystals make it stand out in the arena. The super soft suede fabric of the chaps make them comfy and not too hot for our Southern California show season. The Beaver hat is used and a great deal at only $50.
Lauren in consignment western show wear.
Although we outfitted her in western wear, Lauren actually rides english, at Hidden Fox Farm here in El Cajon. She's an 8th grader at San Diego Cooperative Charter School and shares a Thoroughbred mare, named Faith, with her mom. Lauren's outfit is entirely comprised of consignment pieces:
- Royal blue suede chaps with scalloped edges $60
- Blue floral rail shirt with crystals: $25
- Beaver western hat: $50
Grace looks stately in our economical show outfit. The TuffRider tall boots are easy to clean with a little soap and water because they are made of synthetic leather. The breeches are a summer-weight soft cotton: they stretch so the rider can flex with her horse in comfort. The short sleeve show shirt keeps you cooler under a tailored hunt coat. Little details like the horse head stock pin add refinement and a pretty show ring accessory. The IRH helmet is ASTM/SEI certified, and the micro-suede fabric makes it look
like other more expensive ones. These economical show clothes will save you money so you can show more often.
Grace is ready to show in a new, affordable outfit.
Our model Grace is a junior at West Hills High School. Her horse, Phil, is a dark bay Warmblood. She rides three times a week at Pepper Creek Farm, and is working on her leg yields. Grace plans to study equine therapy in college, turning her love of horses into a career.
Grace's outfit is comprised of new, affordably priced pieces.
- IRH ATH SSV helmet in navy blue micro suede: $169.95
- Hair nets (pack of 2): $2.99
- Devon-Aire Ladies Short Sleeve Show Shirt: $24.95
- JPC Ladies Front Zip Breeches in light tan: $49.95
- Devon-Aire Ladies Equi-fit Hunt Coat in Navy Blue: $89.95
- TuffRider Ladies Starter Field Boots (synthetic leather): $79.95
- Horse Head Gold Stock Pin: $9.95 (also available in silver)
For more information, call San Diego Saddlery, Inc. at 619-441-2613 or visit www.sandiegosaddlery.net.
Renee Spurge of
LA Saddlery at the
Los Angeles Equestrian Center
Fall into a new show outfit by updating a classic look! Hunter green is back on the hunter/jumper circuit and better than ever. The subtle contrast cream stitching and elegant pearlized buttons modernize this striking four-button dark green Winston Equestrian Coat. Instead of white, pairing the coat with a stunning ivory striped Le Fash show shirt brings this look to life. A simple and elegant tan Winston breech and the sophisticated Tucci Leonardo dress boots complete this fashion-forward ensemble.
Staffer Aneiszka is rehabbing a thoroughbred.
Our model is one of our employees, Aneiszka Sea, who has an off-the-track Thoroughbred named Gun Boat. She is currently rehabilitating him to be a dressage horse.
- Winston Green Contrast Show
Coat - $679
- Le Fash Show Shirt - $195
- Winston Breeches - $299
- Tucci Leonardo Boots - $900
For more information, call 818-842-4300 or visit www.lasaddlery.com.
Heather Guercio, Da Moor's Feed & Tack in Glendale
Sydney is Heather's niece and a hunter/jumper rider.
- Tuffrider Sprint Breech: This reasonably priced breech has a sleek look and the fabric wicks moisture away from the body. It's comfortable and stylish. $78.95
- Essex Fitted Talent Shirt: I chose this shirt for the breathable fabric that keeps your body cool. The new design has a button-down front that ends in the middle of the shirt. It's very comfortable and fashionable. $125
- Deniro Boots: This is a higher-end boot that is great for everyday riding and in the show ring. They are available off the rack and custom. $950
- One K Defender Helmet with Swarovski crystals: This helmet is great for everyday because it's breathable with top air vents, and it's available with or without crystals. It's a microfiber helmet that's become very popular and it's also available with sunglasses built in. This helmet is priced at $399.99 and the One K Defender line ranges from $249.95 - $449.95
- Clever Leather Show Barn Belt: Reasonably priced and cute. $79.95
- Roeckl Summer Light-Weight Glove: This glove is breathable and offers great grip. $49.95
- Tailored Sportsman Trophy Front Zip Breech: This is simply our number-one seller. The brand name alone sells itself. This breech looks good on any body type. It's a stretchy fabric, it comes in many colors, so you can school in it, too. Pictured here in tan. $184.95
- Tailored Sportsman Large Leather Belt: This belt was designed to go with the Tailored Sportsman Trophy Breech. It's simply a cute belt and great for the show ring or everyday. $89.95
- Essex Talent Shirt: I chose this shirt for the breathability and comfort. It has stylish fabric on the inside of the collar is very flattering on most body types. $125
- Deniro Boots: This is a higher end boot that is tough enough for everyday, and looks great in the show ring. This boot comes off the rack or can be custom ordered with colored piping. Look closely and you'll see that these boots are piped in lavender. $950
- Charles Owen AYR8 Helmet: There are many price options with the Charles Owen Helmet. I chose the leather AYR8 for the sleek look and the vented top, which is part of what makes it very breathable. This is a great helmet for someone in the heat or at a horse show all day long. This helmet is covered in leather with grey piping and it's priced at $449.95. Charles Owen helmets have styles that range from $149 - $449.95
- Noble Ready To Ride Gloves: I chose this glove for its sleek look. You want a comfortable black glove when showing and this glove has so much stretch it's become a favorite in our store. $32.95
- RJ Classics Monterey Hunt Coat: I chose this jacket because the stretchy fabric provides so much mobility and it's designed to keep you cool. It's so easy to keep clean: you can wash it in the washing machine! I highly recommend the new stretch tech fabrics. They are comfortable, breathable and easy to keep clean. $380
Our model is my niece Sydney Valentine. She rides with Michael Leon at Windsor Stables.
For more information, call 818-242-2841 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barbara Larson, REINS Tack Shack in Fallbrook
Our model Lillyanna Russo is outfitted entirely in consignment wear found in our REINS Tack Shack in San Diego County's Fallbrook. It's a great place to find affordable schooling and show gear and your purchases support the REINS (Riding Emphasizing Individual Needs and Strengths) Therapeutic Riding Program.
Lillyanna Russo is ready to show.
The cost of Lilly's outfit is a mere $85. It includes a $15 helmet, $10 show shirt, $15 breeches, $5 gloves, $20 half-chaps and $20 boots.
A REINS rider, Lilly is visually impaired but that doesn't stop her from what she loves so much and does so well. She is riding her favorite horse Grand, with whom she has found that special connection. Lilly's wonderful personality touches everyone she meets. As Lilly grows in her riding ability, so does REINS!
Cash, clothing and tack donations are much appreciated!
For more information,
call 760-723-1590 or visit www.reinsprogram.org.